Strawberry Lassi

Laura's Lassi

My daughter, Laura, made Strawberry Lassi to serve with Chicken Curry she prepared when she was home for Christine's wedding.  Light, refreshing and simple to blend together, you can vary the fruit to whatever is in season. 

I still had two baskets of Suzi's organic strawberries on hand, so I whipped up some lassi to go with a venison curry I threw together at the last minute yesterday.  Another great use for my canned venison.  I stir-fried sliced carrots and cauliflower florets in a little olive oil, added the broth from the pint jar of venison cubes along with the meat and stirred in a heaping spoonful of mild curry paste.  I tossed in some frozen peas for color and  a half-cup or so of canned petite-diced tomatoes, covered it and let the whole thing simmer until the vegetables were barely tender, then I took the lid off and let the juices evaporate a bit.  I didn't have any coconut milk on hand or I would have added that at the very end.  We ate it over brown rice, topped with a dollop of plain yogurt.  Yum! 

Strawberry Lassi
serves 4
2 cups fresh strawberries
2 cups plain yogurt
1/2 cup sugar
1 cup iced water

Blend all ingredients together and serve over crushed iced.  Buttermilk in place of yogurt is supposed to be good, too, but I haven't tried it.


Popular Posts