A Rambling Catch-Up Post (not necessarily in chronological order)

Last Saturday was a bright, sunny day here. My daughter, Laura, and I went to the farmers market but arrived later than usual and missed out on the chance to buy some gorgeous peonies. I got a glimpse of the last bunch, but they were already sold and just hadn't been picked up yet. Gotta get there early this week.

I was given a sample of Smokin' Friday's BBQ spice rub, which I haven't had a chance to use yet, and I learned that they will be moving into the empty Fast Lane drive-thru coffee stand on Garden Valley.

After we came back from the market, I spent a couple hours working outside. I planted pole beans, bush beans, lettuce (maybe a bit late for that; we'll see), beets (red and golden), and a cucumber transplant I bought at the market.

I trimmed the rosemary I have growing in a pot. Note to self: make sure your sourdough starter is refreshed and ready-to-use next year when you trim the rosemary so you can make Olive-Rosemary Pain au Levain at the same time.

I cut the chive blossoms and started a bottle of Chive Blossom Vinegar. This year I left the stems on and used a tall olive oil bottle I had saved.

I baked eight loaves of Cranberry-Pecan Sourdough and 6 loaves of Sour Cream & Chive Potato Bread for the Staff Appreciation luncheon at my son's elementary school.

I baked a batch of Oatmeal-Raisin cookies for a Friends of the Library event.

Helped out with our May What's for Dinner? class. Pat Vaughn was the guest chef; great write-up in Tuesday's paper. The Lamb Tagine was delicious and I wasn't sure I would care for the stuffed grape leaves, but I really enjoyed them.

Orange segments steeped in syrup with chopped pistachios.

Falafel with a tahini sauce.


Dolmahs (grapes leaves with wild rice filling)

Well, I think that's all the bits and pieces that have been floating around in my mind. A few other things are deserving of their own post, so I will try to get to those sometime today.



Popular Posts