Hayden's Lakefront Grill

My mom, my friend, Laura, and I went to Portland last week and stopped in at  Hayden's Lakefront Grill at the Century Hotel in Tualatin for a late lunch.  The weather was so pleasant that we decided to eat outside next to the manmade lake at Tualatin Commons.

I had eaten there a few times before on weekend trips to Portland with my husband when we just didn't feel like driving back into the city.  We used to enjoy staying at the Sweetbriar Inn right off I-5 at the Tualatin exit.  It has since been torn down and replaced with a huge shopping center.  I think we read about Hayden's in one of the little entertainment guides we picked up in the lobby of the hotel.  We had an excellent dinner by the lake one evening and a great breakfast on another occasion.

Anyway, lunch was delicious.  Laura had a seafood soup, a lovely field greens and pear salad, and fresh bread.  My mom and I split their half-pound signature hamburger and it was so good, I am sure I could have eaten the whole thing by myself.  Excellent local beef topped with peppered-bacon, sharp Tillamook cheddar, and house-made chipotle mayonnaise on a brioche bun.  And the fries were hot and crispy too!  

Of course, since we had split our entree, that meant we still had room for dessert.  Hayden's offers mini versions of several of their desserts, which is a great idea.  You get to finish off your meal with something sweet and not feel stuffed.  Laura and I both opted for the mini version of their Pecan Blondie that comes topped with a small scoop of vanilla ice cream and a drizzle of caramel sauce.  Mom chose the New York Cheesecake with blackberry topping. We were all very happy with our choices.

Hayden's is just west of I-5 and only a minute or two out of your way.  Worth the slight detour to find a local restaurant instead of settling for fast food or mediocre freeway fare.



Popular Posts