Organic Strawberries at The Berry Patch!

I just saw in tonight's News Review that The Berry Patch in Roseburg has organic u-pick strawberries.  I'm not sure if this is new this year or if I have just been out-of-the-loop.  I think they only used to offer them already picked.  I always pick raspberries, boysenberries, Marionberries, and blackberries there, but I don't ever remember strawberries being available.  The organic u-pick strawberries are $1.25/pound or you can call to order picked berries.  The answering machine message didn't say how much the picked berries are but their number is 541-440-8484.  They are open Monday through Saturday from 8:00 am to noon.

We only eat organic strawberries now and my own plants are not producing much this year.  It was probably time to pull them out and start with new plants, but it was such a rainy spring that I never got around to it.  My dad has been sharing his berries with me for fresh eating and I've made two batches of freezer jam, but I'd love to have a supply of frozen strawberries to go in my winter smoothies.

Popular Posts