Falling Sky Brewing House and Gastropub

I had some fine food on a weekend trip to the coast. My husband and I headed out for Florence on Friday with a stop for lunch at Falling Sky Brewing House and Gastropub in Eugene. It's a bit tricky to find as it's located in Oak Alley downtown, between 13th and 14th Avenues, but it's worth circling around a few times if need be.

One glance at the menu and you know this will be no ordinary meal. The fine print says it all,
"We bake all our breads across town at the Pour House & Delicatessen! We make our ketchup, mustard & mayo. We use local, seasonal & organic ingredients whenever feasible. Our meats are local & humanely raised. We proudly support the following local farms & purveyors: Groundwork Organics, Creative Growers, Knee Deep Cattle, Fern's Edge, Carlton Farms, Turnip the Beet, Longs Meat Market, Lochmead, Hummingbird, Draper Valley, McKenzie River Organics, Hey Bayles Farm, Anderson Ranches."
Definitely my kind of place!


I choose the flatbread special, a thin crust smeared with a butternut squash puree topped with roasted broccoli and carrots. It was superb. I also had the Hearty Fall Salad of roasted beets and carrots, kale, golden couscous and feta in a lemon-tahini vinaigrette. It, too, was excellent. I will definitely be trying to recreate both of these at home.

As a non-drinker, I can't speak to the quality of the beer, but my gut tells me one wouldn't be disappointed.

Popular Posts