Breakfast at the Market

Spent the weekend chilling out in Portland, still recovering from the craziness of the wedding last week.  Of course, I couldn't pass up a chance to visit the Portland Farmers Market in the park blocks near PSU.  So many vendors!!!  I sampled cherry cider and pear cider, and a roasted fennel pesto.  I munched on a chocolate panini from the Pearl Bakery booth and split a pint basket of Albion strawberries with my husband for breakfast.  (He also had a bowl of red curry with yogurt!)  I bought some fixings for a picnic lunch, which I enjoyed poolside at our hotel later on--a fig-anise panini (also from the Pearl) which I topped with chunks of a pungent, but delicious semi-soft "table cheese" from Willapa Hills Farmstead Cheese.  Gigantic bing cherries on the side were sweet enough to be dessert, but I also bought a bar of Triple Cherry & Pistachio Dark Chocolate Bark as a finishing touch.  It was a perfect not-too-hot day of summer sunshine for unwinding.

Popular Posts