Grilled Zucchini

One of my favorite ways to prepare those first slender zucchini of the season. The zucchini I bought were about 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 inches in diameter. Simply slice them in half lengthwise, brush both sides with oil (I used sesame oil, but olive oil or peanut oil work well too), and grill them about 10 minutes or until just barely tender. I used my small George Foreman grill that cooks both sides at the same time. If you do them outside or on a stovetop grill, turn them over halfway through the cooking time.

While they are grilling, toast a tablespoon of sesame seeds in a dry frying pan over medium heat for 2 or 3 minutes, just until they turn from pale to golden. Sprinkle over cooked zucchini along with a bit of coarse salt and serve immediately.

You can grill asparagus spears the same way; they cook even more quickly!

Popular Posts