All Those Strawberries!





My husband and I picked 30 pounds of luscious, local, organic strawberries at Big Lick Farm a few days ago. What will I do with all those berries? Aside from eating them by the bowlful and flash-freezing sliced berries for year-round smoothies, here are some of my favorite ways to enjoy strawberries:

This is a fabulous salad with spring greens, local hazelnuts, and strawberries.

I made a batch of chocolate-dipped strawberries for our Sunday dinner dessert yesterday.

This strawberry-rhubarb crisp is divine.

Strawberry lassi is a refreshing addition to any spicy meal, like curry.

Here's my take on classic strawberry shortcake.

Here's the low-sugar freezer jam recipe I usually use for all sorts of berries, but a friend gave me some instant clear-jel, so I made a batch following the instructions in this post and it turned out really well.

You can also substitute pureed strawberries for the raspberry juice in this recipe to make strawberry lemonade.

What's you favorite way to eat strawberries?






Popular Posts