Get Your Hazelnuts Now

Hazelnuts are back from the dryer and ready for purchase at Norm Lehne Garden & Orchard.  I drove out yesterday with my friend, Gloria, and we bought 25 pounds and took turns running them through the cracker.  Quite a good little upper body workout!

These beautiful hazelnuts are $1.75.  Now is the time to stock up.  They will stay fresh in your freezer all year.  I haven't checked this year, but last fall at Sherm's hazelnuts still in the shell were selling for $3.45/lb. so Norm's are a bargain and they are local and so fresh.

Be sure to pick up a copy of Norm and Cinda's newsletter that has instructions for roasting your hazelnuts to bring out their best flavor. 

I love hazelnuts in my granola, in salads, and just for snacking on.  I often use them in baking, instead of walnuts.  

Click here for a video of Norm demonstrating the cracker.

Popular Posts