Cabruca Chocolates

I'm sitting at a table in The Daily Grind this morning while my car is being serviced at Mobile Tune.  This is the first chance I have had to use my new netbook in a public place and take advantage of free Wi-Fi.  I feel so cool!

I ordered a hot chocolate and spied some interesting-looking truffles made by a new, local chocolatier, Juliana Bounds of Cabruca Chocolates. Chocolate for breakfast?  It's a bit early, even for me, but I bought one to savor later today.

Well, I thought they were truffles.  According to the website, these are called brigadeiros, a Brazilian-style fudge truffle.  They're made with sweetened condensed milk, butter, chocolate and some exotic ingredients. I chose the pumpkin-dark chocolate brigadeiro; pumpkin-white chocolate cream and dark chocolate rolled in toasted pumpkin seeds.

Okay, I can't stand it.  I'll take one bite just so I can tell you what it's like...  Ooooooh!  Tastes like pumpkin pie in the middle.  Very good. 

I'm not sure where else Juliana's confections (she makes traditional truffles and brownies, too) are currently available. The Daily Grind sells the brigadeiros individually or in packages.  Stay tuned.  I'm sure we'll be hearing more about Cabruca Chocolates in the future.  Another great, local gift idea.

Popular Posts