Wild Boar Ragu

Bet that got your attention!  No, I didn't cook it myself.  My husband ordered a Ragu of Wild Boar at Dino's last night.  He's always up for something new and this turned out to be an excellent choice.  The boar, slow-cooked in a Chianti tomato sauce and served with rigatoni, was fork-tender and oh-so-flavorful.  Not at all gamey.

I have to force myself to order something new. I tend to stick with the same old things I know I love.  I was tempted to get the Gnocchi con Gorgonzola (melt-in-your-mouth potato gnocchi, artichokes, and chicken in a creamy sauce), but I made myself try something new. 

First, I asked if Debbie had made any of her incredibly delicious Pumpkin Lasagne.  No, she had not.  After hemming and hawing for a bit, I settled on Pumpkin Gnocchi with Spicy Italian Sausage, Spinach, and fresh mozzarella (Gnocchi alla Sorrentina).  This turned out to be very good, but the sausage was a little too spicy for my taste.  I ate about half of it and had the rest boxed up to take home.  Didn't want to be so full I couldn't enjoy my tiramisu. 

Here's a tip: when you order your entree, sweetly ask the server to set aside a piece of tiramisu for your dessert and then you won't be distracted during your lovely meal worrying that they are going to run out.

Popular Posts