Pages

Saturday, July 4, 2009

Independence Day at the Market

(Don't worry; it's only a tablecloth!)

I celebrate my independence from imported food every Saturday at my local farmers market. Today my tote bag was loaded down with fingerling "peanut" potatoes, a loaf of multigrain bread, the first local tomatoes of the season, slender carrots, seascape strawberries, arugula, lettuce mix, a lavender bouquet, enormous Liberty Bell cherries from a new vendor called Glengarry Fruitlands, and a flower bouquet with the first local sunflowers I've seen.

Happy 4th of July!

2 comments:

Jeannetta said...

Looks like you had great success this morning!

Julienne said...

That looks so fresh and delicious!! Thanks for the tip on the cherries. We actually got a call from the neighbor and she said to go and pick her trees. We got enough to eat for a week. Maybe next year I will pick to freeze, can or dry them.

Printfriendly