One-Stop Shopping for a Father's Day Feast

I found everything I need for the Father's Day dinner I'll be preparing tomorrow at the Umpqua Valley Farmers Market this morning. I'm cooking for my father and my husband, so I've tried to come up with a menu that will please them both.

The beautifully-slender carrots from Sterken Farm will be cut into chunks and simmered with the top sirloin I bought from Kathey Linn for a savory Boeuf Bourguignon. Petite red potatoes from John at Riggs Family Farm will be combined with the Yukon Golds from Jim at Linnea Marie Farms for Parmesan Roasted Potatoes. I'm still deciding on the veggies. Stir-fried snow peas? Roasted beets? Grilled baby zucchini? So many local choices!

I'll probably toss together My Favorite Salad and I still have some Basil Butter in the freezer to mix a batch of Semolina Bread with Basil Butter Filling this afternoon so I can pull it out of the frig and bake it fresh tomorrow.

Dessert? Perfect Peach Pie and perhaps a Mulberry Cobbler (Dad likes pie; husband prefers cobbler), with Homemade Vanilla Bean Ice Cream.

Happy Father's Day!

Popular Posts