Lovely Local Lavender

Pam Waldow of Douple P Soap Company & Lavender Farm and her
lovely lavender display at the Umpqua Valley Farmers Market.


Several varieties of dried lavender.



Pam recommends these two types for culinary uses.


I am going to try making a Lavender-Blueberry Jam when I get out to pick some blueberries. I'm also going to bury some dried lavender in a container of sugar to use the next time I make caramels. The sugar crystals absorb the lavender flavor. I'm sure mine won't be quite as good as Lilliebelle Farms signature Lavender Caramels with Sea Salt (voted Best of the West by Sunset Magazine), but I'll give it a shot anyway.

Pam and her husband, Paul (Double P) have a lavender farm in Sutherlin, Oregon and they make soaps, lotions and bath products with the lavender they grow. They'll be at the farmers market throughout the summer or you can contact them at 541-733-5287.

Popular Posts