Eat Your Colors: 5 A Day the Farmers Market Way!

This is what I came home with from the Umpqua Valley Farmers Market this morning. Clockwise from top left: gorgeous sunflowers from Rosewood Gardens & Nursery, purple cauliflower and a bouquet of lavender from Lehne's Garden & Orchard, baby zucchini from Riggs Family Gardens, Butterstick squash and red potatoes from Linnea Marie Farms. A basket like this sitting on the kitchen table always puts me in the mood to cook. I also bought three tyropita (phyllo pastry with a feta cheese and sun-dried tomato filling) and a bite-sized spanikopita from The Baklava Lady, but they were gobbled up before I thought to take a picture.



Green cabbage and three varieties of cauliflower: cheddar, purple and white.
I haven't tried this type of broccoli yet, but I will soon.

Marionberries, blueberries and raspberries from Dillard Farm Market.

Popular Posts